Media Archive

Sunday morning fire destroys Milo home

Article from The Piscataquis Observer, Vol. 164, No. 7, February 13, 2002

MILO Sunday morning about 20 members of the Milo Fire Department responded to a structure fire on Pleasant Street that almost completely destroyed a mobile home and left its owner homeless.

"It was pretty well totally gutted," said Dispatcher Murrel Harris said. "But there were no injuries."

Home owner Marion Osgood who was home at the time of the fire reported it.

After investigations earlier this week, State Fire Marshall Scott Richardson said that an overloaded branch circuit was determined to be the cause of the fire.

Osgood did have insurance, Harris said, and her son, a Lieutenant Colonel in the U.S. Air Force is scheduled to fly in this week to help her out.

"She's staying with friends," he said. "Like any small town everybody's going to pitch in and help."

State Fire Marshall Scott Richardson also investigated a fire that destroyed a home in Ripley last month. Richardson said that they had not been able to determine a cause because the home had been so badly damaged, but he did say the fire did not look suspicious.


NOTE - This article reflects the views of the author and not necessarily those of the TRC Alliance Team.