Milo : Expanding on the park(s) plan for downtown
January 11, 2009 - TRC
Plan prepared from aerial survey provided by MEGIS and is not necessarily an accurate representation of existing conditions on site, which should be field verified.
Changes suggested are :
1. Enhance walkways to existing gazebo and bridge feature.
2. Pull existing parking closer to street, leaving more greenspace and walks adjacent to the waterfront.
3. Retain existing dock and boat launch areas.
4. Add 14 parking spaces at Water Street.
5. Replace existing parking with public park space; add interpretive signage at intersection.
6. Create public green space and seating with interpretive feature at island as a gateway to downtown.
Plan and/ or sketches are for illustrative purposes and subject to review and/or approval of the Town and regulatory agencies.
Please address any comments to Milo Town Manager, Jeff Gahagan, by telephone (943-2202) or in writing to : PO Box 218, Milo, ME 04463
NOTE - This article reflects the views of the author and not necessarily those of the TRC Alliance Team.