Good evening, Milo.
For those of you crazy, I mean motivated people heading to Black Friday events, I wanted to give some safety advice that I came across a while ago:
- Park in a well lit area and remember where you parked.
- Don't go it alone- bring a friend or spouse (sorry guys, you need to take one for the team)
- Don't carry your pocketbook. Carry cash or credit cards in your FRONT pocket - not the rear pocket where you carry your cell
- Don't carry too much at once- it will distract you and keep you from remaining focused on your surroundings.
- Put your packages in your trunk and consider moving your vehicle before you go back in. Thieves will observe before they act.
- Have your keys out - if you have a remote, hold that. The panic button acts as a great deterrent if you are confronted. Keys are also a great defensive weapon. - If you are confronted, give the merchandise up - no property is worth bodily injury. Get a description for the police.
I am sure there are other tips, but common sense is your best tool.
Be alert to your surroundings and take the steps to not be a victim.
Good luck finding those deals - I'll be shopping online.