In Loving Memory Of
June 26, 1938 - Nov. 30, 2008
Five years have brought many changes to our family, but nothing has changed how much you are loved and missed. Normie, Jeff and Deb, Doral and John, and grandchildren
Published in BDN Maine on Nov. 30, 2013
Good evening, Milo.
For those of you crazy, I mean motivated people heading to Black Friday events, I wanted to give some safety advice that I came across a while ago:
- Park in a well lit area and remember where you parked.
- Don't go it alone- bring a friend or spouse (sorry guys, you need to take one for the team)
- Don't carry your pocketbook. Carry cash or credit cards in your FRONT pocket - not the rear pocket where you carry your cell
- Don't carry too much at once- it will distract you and keep you from remaining focused on your surroundings.
- Put your packages in your trunk and consider moving your vehicle before you go back in. Thieves will observe before they act.
- Have your keys out - if you have a remote, hold that. The panic button acts as a great deterrent if you are confronted. Keys are also a great defensive weapon. - If you are confronted, give the merchandise up - no property is worth bodily injury. Get a description for the police.
I am sure there are other tips, but common sense is your best tool.
Be alert to your surroundings and take the steps to not be a victim.
Good luck finding those deals - I'll be shopping online.
The two closest sites for TRC residents are:
Click on the pdf link for the statewide schedule.